|FACS Labs Plan|
There are 4 rooms that comprise the FACs department that will be located on the 2nd floor of the Academic wing adjacent to the Project Lead the Way Rooms and near the 2-D Art Classrooms. These Rooms consist of the following:
- (2) General classrooms
- (2) FACS Labs
FACS General classrooms notes:
- Teachers will have the flexibility to locate their desk in the front or back of the room (data and power will be provided in both locations)
- Desk configuration is shown for reference purposes only. Desks are loose furnishings and not part of the construction project (they may end up different than shown)
- Shelving along interior wall is adjustable. It will be up to teachers whether they wish to utilize the wall for shelving display or tackable display.
- Window (where applicable) into the classroom will be located opposite the door to the classroom to allow daylight and exterior views into the corridor.
- The teaching wall of the classroom will be located on the opposite wall of the window and door.
- The front wall will utilize markerboards. A tackstrip will be provided at the top of the markerboard.
- The side wall, adjacent to the window will be covered with tackable wall panels and shelving standards to allow it to also be used shelving display if desired.
- A short-throw projector will be used on the teaching wall.
- Cabinets on interior sidewall will include; a teacher's wardrobe unit adjacent to the door to the classroom, 2 under counter base cabinets, a counter top with potential seating capabilities (data and power will be provided for this to be used as a computer area if wanted), and a tall media/general storage cabinet at the front end of the classroom.
|FACS Labs Isometric view|
- The FACS Labs will be large enough for class instruction as well as hands-on cooking.
- Each lab will have 6 full shaped L-shaped kitchens.
- Each Kitchen is designed to support the following:
- A double bowl sink
- Microwave with recirculating fan
- Space for 2 refrigerators is provided to be shared by all six of the kitchen stations.
- Each lab has one large window to allow natural light
- The flooring in the labs and classrooms will be VCT, the cabinetry will be plastic laminate with plastic laminate countertops.
- Each lab will have a teaching wall with a markerboard and tackspace, as well as a teacher's wardrobe cabinet.